Friday, December 02, 2011

Aval Oru Thodar Kathai (English: She's a Never Ending Story)

It started with a stomach ache. It was confirmed that I was pregnant. Within two months, faced a spotting with abortion threat. read here. Later after seven months, had to travel back home as dad had a heart attack. Then I got admitted twice for false labor. This time scan report read my baby had Splenomegaly. After a month, went into actual labor. Though it was normal delivery, baby fell sick. Days in NICU is yet another story.

Then things were good for few days. Then again the sleepless nights started putting both me and my mom in trouble. People asked me to be on strict and right on my diet. But , hunger during the lactating period!!! I ended up eating samosa’s , poori, mixture, tamarind rice, etc etc. end of the day, I had gastritis and got admitted in hospital. Thought it was just a day. But I started getting stomach pain in the middle of nights constantly and was getting admitted in night and got discharged as I had feed my baby. This repeated for two weeks. Finally one of the senior doctors advised me to take a scan and endoscopy.

Scan report said that I had gall stones. Its called multiple Cholelithiasis . And had to go to Chennai, empty stomach to get endoscopy done. That’s worst thing I say. I had vomiting sensation throughout the day. It was detected that I had reflex gastritis, my food pipe, stomach and duodenum all three were infected.

I just can’t say the trouble I went through. I can’t eat as my stomach is infected. But if I don’t eat, I develop gastritis. To ensure gastritis reduces, my gall bladder has to produce bile. Because of the stone it’s not able to produce proper bile. I ended up with low Blood pressure and low immunity. Got typhoid. Again was admitted in hospital for a week. my husband and father had to bring baby to hospital when ever i need to feed her. she wont sleep without me next to her. faced a real hell. my ward was next to pediatric ward.when ever i see a baby cry, i couldn't stop crying. it was very first time i was away from my daughter.

Now I am little better. I have started taking homeopathy medicines. Have to wait and see the developments. Poor baby got really affected. Couldn’t feed her, as I was hospitalized. She was given cow’s milk, farex. Baby stared getting diarrhea and diaper rashes and cold. It’s like all problem in world has come to me and my family. Its not even a week, when I have not visited hospital. Hope at least next year would be a good year for me. A healthy and prosperous year.

even now i get pain once in a while. have to got hospital get and IV injection done. and then it gets set after a hour or two. baby has become insecure that i might leave her again. so, she doesn't leave me at all. i am forced to take leave now. hope there will be an end to this story.

7 comments:

R's Mom said...

Oh god! thats pretty scary..take care..and hugs hugs

garima said...

Oh dear I can so understand the pain you are going through.I hope the bad time gets over soon and the new year may bring good health and lot of joys :-)
Hugs to you and your famliy,take care.

Gayu said...

Hey Ashreya...*HUGS*...a tight *HUG*

I can understand the amount of stress (physical and mental) you are going through. Have faith and follow the doctor's advice.
Family is the greatest support at such times. Take care of the lil one.

"DHUVUM KADANDHA POGUM".

Take care
Gayu

Ashreya said...

thanks RM, Garima And Gayu. hugs back to you.. hope its just a passing phase..

RS said...

Oh God! So many things :-( Take care dear! Lods of HUGS to both you and your little daughter...

Sam Philip said...

hi...
that was a real series of health problems...
dont worry there always a sliver lining through the clouds...
have faith...
n take care of urself and the baby...
u r brave...

Sam Philip said...

take care of urself n the baby...