Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ashreya became Advika…

It’s really difficult, when you have to name your baby. Too many people and too many options. Its difficult to satisfy all. There is star, numerology, religion, region linked to it.

Here is the stand of each person in the family, while I named my daughter.

Me: her name has to start with “A”, as my name starts with A.

A’sD: people should not tease her because of the name. I am not bothered about anything else.

MIL: which ever name the priest says.

FIL: we shall name her as per birth star.

MOM: I will go with your MIL.

DAD: naming of the baby has to be baby’s parent’s wish. I don’t have any say on it.let her nick name be Bunty ( I love you dad)

SIS: I want the baby to be named Amrutha.( she was quite adamant on this)

Finally we named her as per my wish. Her name is Advika.

I liked the name because…

a) It starts with “A”.

b) Its not so common name, though there is already a blog in this name.

c) My name and baby’s name, both have 6 letters.

d) It’s a Sanskrit name.

e) Its meaning is also good. It means ” unique girl”. Someone who thinks and works differently.

f) My husband liked the name( surprisingly)

g) And finally, I didn’t keep the name according to my MOM or MIL or FIL’s wish.

Note: according to birth star, we need to name her with starting letter “ CHO”. And the priest suggested “Cholika”. It is supposed to be Goddess name. I know, everybody thinks of the song “ choli ke peche” after listening to the name. so, it was easy for me reject MIL and FIL’s selection. And convincing MOM and SIS was little difficult.

2 comments:

Anuj said...

Gr8:-) happy motherhood..

Anu thati said...

thanks Anuj